Saturday, March 3, 2012

Just the simple things

I don’t need grand gestures,
Nor a sparkling ring.
I don’t need huge effort,
No, just the simple things
.

I adore the simplest joys in life. It seems that when we take a moment to step away from the chaos that is today’s modern, busy world, those little things can tug at our heartstrings like nothing else.

Wet eyelashes on my sweet girl as she plays in the tub.

A fleeting shared grin from a secret held between the two of us.

A ladybug rescued from the house and set free to fly in the wind.

A refrigerator plastered with handmade art.

Fuzzy socks, a blanket, and a storybook.

A touch, a smile, or a wink from one of the few people who can see inside my soul.

I don’t need a big gift,
Just you, right there.
Open eyes, open hearts,
To the simple moments we share.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...