Friday, December 14, 2012

The unspeakable


I am in pain. Heartbroken over the news coming out of Connecticut today.

Senseless, evil violence on innocent people...

Devoted teachers who were going about their day instilling values and knowledge into future leaders...

Beautiful, kind-hearted, YOUNG children who were probably looking forward to a weekend of playtime with friends, siblings, parents...

Parents who will have to decide what to do with wrapped gifts already under a Christmas tree...

Moms who can no longer complain about carpool line...

I am angry. Furious that there are so many people in this world who think they have a right to hurt others. Who the hell do they think they are?

At 1:00 p.m. today, I was oblivious of the news. I was mulling over the eye doctor's words. One week after surgery, Amelia looks great - but not 100%. Maybe 95%, which is a success for us. However, the glasses will remain. Oh, how silly was it that I was sad about her glasses?!? Right now, I am so very thankful. I am amazingly blessed to have a beautiful, smart, and creative child whose only issue is a pair of pink glasses.

As of today, a group of parents will no longer have a chance to worry about their kids' health. Many parents today lost the most important part of their lives. I cannot begin to imagine. I am not sure how you move forward from something like this.

It hurts.
It makes me mad.
I am so very sad.

Prayers of peace and comfort go out to those in Connecticut and to anyone whose loved one was thrust into this horrible tragedy. Victims, families, friends, and survivors - each and every one needs to feel our love right now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...