Thursday, January 3, 2013

A word for 2013


It has been a while since I joined Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop, but I am back this week! Since I am not really a resolution kind of person, this prompt was a perfect way to reflect and look ahead:

Instead of a resolution, some people choose a theme word to live by for the year. Choose a word for 2013 and tell us why you chose it.

I could select from a long list of theme words, but one forces its way into the forefront of my mind: SLOW. I need to allow myself to slow down. I am rushing through life and parenthood because there is always something to be done.


I want to be able to enjoy a morning without my overactive brain scrolling through the to-do list for the week.

I want to watch my precious child experience each little step of life, instead of looking past to the next stage, next party, next school, next Christmas. 

I want to take my time on any project without a constant and aggravating nagging that it is not done yet.

I want to be okay with tardiness. Not to disrespect another person's time, but to accept three minutes here or two minutes there. I am always early or right on time, but I also stress myself to the max to be that way. Will 9:03 really hurt anyone?  

I want to take a nap. I cannot lay down without the overbearing to-do list pushing through my calm.

S L O W down.... breathe. Repeat. Enjoy the moments before they are gone.

My mantra for 2013.


Mama’s Losin’ It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...